Wednesday, November 16, 2011

How to become a mechanical engineer for ferrari?

I'm currently a student in the US and I really want to do mechanical engineering for ferrari. How would I go about doing this?|||Well you would need to take classes that were related to the automotive industry - internal combustion engines, design, race car dynamics, etc. Considering Ferrari is an Italian company you would probably need to learn Italian. If you could do an internship with a car company that would be good experience. Or if you could do study abroad in Italy that would also be good. Since Ferrari produces sports cars the bulk of their engineering is related to their various racing programs, so anything you could do to be involved in motorsports would be good.





You might need to be in Italy after you graduate to have any hope of getting a job there. And, if you got a job at all, you might have to start out at some lower position before you could move into engineering.





I don't really know any details of Ferrari's hiring practices. I can tell you that in all my years as a mechanical engineer I've never seen them recruiting in the states. As a high end manufacturer of sports cars I'm guessing they're rather selective. I would imagine they're unlikely to hire too many kids fresh out of an undergraduate engineering program. They probably hire people involved in the motorsports industry or engineers and designers who already have experience designing and working with high end materials, engines and components. So what you might need is graduate study in, for example, composites, and then a few years experience working with composites for a race team before they'd even be interested in looking at your resume.|||Start by learning italian.

No comments:

Post a Comment